THE HOME EFFICIENCY REBATE INITIATIVE
Homeowners across Canada are eligible for up to $5,000 of home renovation rebates through the Federal Greener Homes Program. In addition, Manitoba homeowners are able to access Efficiency Manitoba rebates (yes you can get both for the same upgrades), making it more affordable for homeowners to improve their home’s energy efficiency. Rebates are available for customers who improve their home’s: air sealing, attic insulation, Basement/crawlspace insulation, Exterior wall insulation, water heater, furnace, boiler, doors, windows, and/or skylights.
Call (text is usually better) 204-997-2703 or email Steve@goldeyehi.ca for more information now.
How Do I Know if I am Eligible for Rebates?
Each program has its own requirements and eligibility rules. Check your eligibility and the requirements for the upgrades you desire at the program website listed below. In most (but not all) cases you will be required to have a home energy evaluation performed and be approved for the program
before you begin work on your home!
Also, please save all receipts- they will be required to qualify!!
WHAT DOES THE REBATE QUALIFICATION PROCESS LOOK LIKE?
Two separate energy audits are needed to qualify a homeowner for Home Efficiency Rebates. One before any renovations have begun and one right after all of the renovations are completed. The common way for a homeowner to receive a rebate is as such:
- Get in touch with a Registered Energy Advisor or an approved Service Organization that has registered energy advisors (such as Goldeye Home Inspection) who can conduct both a pre-renovation energy audit and a post-renovation energy audit.
- Use the information provided in the energy audit to pick applicable home improvements (the information provided from the energy audit and energy advisor will aid you in choosing the most cost-effective option).
- Have a reputable and professional contractor perform all of your chosen renovations and uses eligible products.
- Have the energy advisor conduct a post-renovation energy audit to check the performance of the new improvements, and submit all the necessary paperwork.
- After about 60 days, check the mail for your rebate cheque.
How Do I Know Which Home Improvements are the Best?
What Home Improvements are Qualified for a Home Efficiency Rebate?
Choosing the right home renovations can be tough. But with the pre-renovation energy audit that is part of the qualification process, it is actually quite easy. With an energy audit (aka an energy assessment), homeowners receive an in-depth look at how their home is performing, along with a list of suggestions for how it is able to be most cost-effectively improved.
The energy advisor who conducts your assessment will clearly lay out all of your home’s renovation options, including the expected utility bill and energy savings that are specific to each of your home’s possible improvements. They will also rank all of your home’s renovation options in terms of their cost-effectiveness, allowing you to target the areas of your home that can be most significantly improved for the lowest upfront cost.
Contact us today for assistance to setup your free phone consultation service and schedule a time for your pre-renovation energy audit; or to talk with one of our registered energy advisors (such as Goldeye Home Inspection) about your home renovation and rebate options.